Wednesday, June 16, 2010




Audi- on June 4, 2010

We arrived Audi around 12.30 after visiting Lear Corporation. The distance between Lear and Audi is not far at all, helping JIT to be more efficient and practical. The size of this factory is very large. If I'm not wrong, Audi is the second biggest company or the biggest engine plant in Hungary. We were presented by financial director whose dress was very cool and looked like a car racing guy, with red PUMA shoes =)

In this presentation, we learned about the history of Audi and obtained some key figures such as revenues, productions, staffs number in 2009 and 2008. Also, he presented us specifically the facts about the factory in Gyor. Audi Gyor produced engines and mainly 3 car models such as TT Coupe and TT Roaster with the daily capacity of 6,900 engines and 300 units respectively. However, net sales and investment in 2009 had decreased due to the economic crisis, therefore, they tried to increase efficiency through current employees. Their vision is to try to “Become quality/flexible/highly focus on being productive. Also, they apply lean operation as Toyota. Their strategy is to focus on four main areas: Profitability, Customer attraction/Customer Focus, Growth, and Most attractive employees.

After the presentation, we went to the factory’s dining hall and found out that Sodexo was the caterer of food for Audi- What a coincidence! I really loved the food here but sadly I forgot to take photos of this meal but I still remembered the taste of chicken pasta- so yummy . Then we went out for a walk to see the oldies sport car rally…All the cars were so cool!!, which I think they are hardly seen somewhere else. The mini BMW is so cute and funny, the owners were very friendly and welcomed us to take photos.

Lastly, the most exciting part of the day came- Assembly line tour!! but we were not allowed to take the pictures inside...I remembered I was very sleepy after a full meal but after walking and see the lines, especially for the car assembly, it’s very spectacular to see how each component were put together in both manually and robot in sequence. I’m also impressed with the facilities inside but most of the work here is done manually instead of robots due to cheaper labor costs, whereas, other factories focus more on robots. Finally, company visits of this trip ended here!!- It was the perfect end of the journey. I feel like I fall in love with Audi TT now and want to get one for myself but how many years do I have to work to get it then- hahaha 

1 comment:

  1. How Mr Benjamin Lee service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to Mr Benjamin service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to this funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 5 working days just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% rate and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact this funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on { 247officedept@gmail.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.  

    ReplyDelete